Administrative Separation

Court Martial Defense Against General and Dishonorable Discharges in Hawaii

The military you’ve served to protect is cutting you loose—in a way that dishonors both your service to your country and your dignity. In your heart you believe that the charges are unfair; that you’re being used as an example and as a scapegoat for someone else’s political gain and career goals. You also know that if you don’t get out from under this administrative separation, you’ll be left with a stain on your personal record that will be with you until the day you die.

If you’re facing an administrative separation with a General or Other Than Honorable (OTH) Discharge in Hawaii, you MUST attempt to rectify it, no matter how tempting it may be to sweep it under the carpet. A General or OTH Discharge isn’t just a slap on the wrist—it will follow you long after you’ve left the military, affecting your job potential, your potential earnings, and your future promotions.

The Facts About General and Other Than Honorable Discharge

No one volunteers for military service expecting anything less than an Honorable Discharge when they leave. Unfortunately for service members today, even minor violations can result in a General or OTH Discharge.

Take a look at the differencebetween a general and other than honorable discharge:

  • General Discharge can result after being “chaptered” or administratively separated from the military. A General Discharge essentially takes away many of the benefits from your current enlistment, including your GI Bill, which can be worth tens of thousands of dollars. If you’re currently being separated from the military and have over six years of active duty service, you have a right to fight your discharge characterization at an administrative separation board.
  • Other Than Honorable Discharges can also result after being administratively discharged out of the military. An Other Than Honorable Discharge substantially reduces the benefits you’ve accrued from your current enlistment. If you’re being separated with a recommendation for an Other Than Honorable Discharge, you have a right to fight it at an administrative separation board.

When the Stakes are This High, You Can't Afford Anything but the Best Defense Team!

Your discharge and benefits are on the line with an administrative separation, which is why Bilecki & Tipon LLLC, the premier law firm serving Hawaii and the Pacific Rim, is prepared to aggressively defend your character and your military record. If you still desire to stay in the military, our goal is to have you retained at the administrative separation board. In cases where our client wishes to part ways from the military, we’ll work to secure you an Honorable Discharge.

Our court martial attorneys are based right here in Hawaii and serve all military personnel on the islands. So whether you’re stationed at Schofield Barracks, Fort Shafter, Pearl Harbor or Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay, we’re prepared to fight your administrative separation with all of the experience, expertise, and resources that we have available to us.

Administrative Separation cases are time sensitive and there is a limited window in which to contest them. Call Bilecki & Tipon LLLC as soon as possible to ensure that that window doesn’t close for good! We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (800) 996-9747.